November 30, 2014: SBA Meeting #13
Happy Sunday UCI Law!
Hope you are rested and relaxed from the Holiday weekend and ready to gear up for exam period!
SBA meetings are suspended during exams and winter break, but we will be back in action in the spring semester. Details on times and meeting days to come, but, as always, meetings are open to everyone.
Below are some highlights from SBA’s last meeting of the semester:
- Spring Semester Goals: Capacity Building
- Ad-Hoc Committees Created:
- Barrister’s Planning Committee [to plan Barrister’s Ball]
- Sam, Nancy, Natalie, Enrico
- External Competition Policy Committee [to continue to advocate for a clearer policy]
- By-Law Edits Committee [to work on edits to SBA by-laws]
- Jamila, Enrico, Emily, Jenaun
- Kevin gave an AGS Update:
- AGS passed resolutions at the their last minutes (links to full text in minutes, attached)
- Resolution 14-44 In Opposition of UC Tuition Hike
- Resolution 14-45 To Endorse Further Exploration of a Student Center Renewal Project
- AGS approved funding for a new drama dept. play
- SBA reviewed preliminary proposals for Barristers, discussed ways to decrease costs
Good luck on finals!!
Full minutes at: SBA Minutes 11.24.2014 (pdf)
Past meeting minutes at: Minutes Archive