January 13, 2015: SBA Meeting #1
Hello UCI Law!
Happy Sunday! Below are some highlights from last week’s SBA meeting, the first of the Spring 2015 semester:
- Jamila raised the possibility of having a password protected faculty
minutes archive on our website. This would give students access to the
minutes from faculty meetings, assuming the minutes are not closed
(which is possible, since the meetings are closed).
- Kelly gave an update on the Alumni Association Board’s happenings:
- Planning a spring networking/mixer event in late March or early April
- Nancy gave an update on CDO’s Hiring Process
- CDO is currently interviewing candidates for a CDO counselor focused
on government positions and opportunities — hiring committee consists
of mix of CDO personnel, admin, and students (Nancy)
- We discussed the Advanced Clinic “Policy”:
- Currently, no official policy in place regarding advanced clinics —
no rules as to amount of credits or whether students can take more than
one semester of advanced clinic
- Some advanced clinic students looking to create a board to advocate for their needs
- Barristers Ball Planning — ball is rolling on payments, food choices
- Tickets on sale next week!
- Discussed student leadership opportunities: ABA Law Student Division positions and the UC Student Regent
- Discussed upcoming events for Spring Semester: Barristers, Bar
Reviews, Community Teas, TBD Courtyard Event (happy hour?!), and TBD 3L
Last week’s full minutes, as well as this week’s agenda, are attached. This week’s meeting will be on Tuesday, January 20th from 12 pm – 1 pm in LAW 3600. Per usual, meetings are open to all students!